Lucky you's, I've been put in charge of writing the account of today's adventure and oh golly your in for a ride.
Today started off with an early morning. We had to be up and ready, tents packed away and finish breakfast all by the time of 8. Ready for a sharp exit, we were setting off for a 3 hour bus journey to National Park where we will be camping for 2 nights. The journey consisted of loads of rocky road, wooden bridges, more insist of the culture of Malawi, sleep and reading.
Arriving in time for lunch we set up our tents, prepared lunch and ate.
After a lovely lunch, we had a bit of chill out time before today's biggest adventure awaited us; a safari game drive! As we waited in the reception area for our vehicle to arrive we were offered tea or coffee and a sweet fried ball that they called 'festival'. That done we was off, after clambering into our land rover we set off into the safari wondering what we would find.
Astonishingly our main viewing were of elephants however this time not being far away from us and not having to use our camera as binoculars we were 2 metres away from them. Literally I mean like 2 metre toe to toe away from these humongous animals.
As the day drew to night the game drive still continued and we began looking for night time animals. Not holding much hope out of seeing anything, Catherine spotted a couple of hippopotamus, which was setting us up for tomorrows boat trip.
Back at the camp site now, waiting for our dinner. On today's menu burgers; so Kirsty will be pleased.
Hi Ellie and The Impalas!
ReplyDeleteIt must of been great being so close to those Elephants. I bet you loved it Ellie!
Ellie I want to go penny boarding. It sounds amaze balls. Don't worry, I'll go by myself. This morning, I watched a video that Finn had put on instagram. It was hilarious and I can't stop watching it, which is sad.
I am having a sleepover in the tents on Wednesday, with some friends. I am very excited, going shopping with Mum later to see if there are any cheap DVD's. We also found some on the box.
Going to London tomorrow with Mum. We are going to Madame Tussands and then going to see Dirty Dancing, which should be good.
At the weekend, I will be having a sleepover at DNKM's after the footie match. YAY!!!
Anyway, enjoy your last week. Lots of love, your little sis, Fais. xxxxx
Hi Laura and the Impalas
ReplyDeleteJealous as anything. Maybe packing the binoculars was a bit over the top as the game is that close. Drink in everything you see this week, enjoy the moment and build those memories. But what ever happens remember this..... you never, ever, EVER, EVER can have too many photos.(Especially useful to make everyone at home even more jealous than we already are)
Love you Laura
Dad
Hi Little Lucy
ReplyDeleteHaven't forgotten you (yet!!) Your first days 'on tour' seem to have been brilliant. Hope the rest of the week is just as good. Keep the blogs coming
Love you loads
All of us xxx
What an amazing time you are having wish I was there all those animals so close out of this world Kristy did u enjoy the burgers yum yum all is good at home nugs working everyday been to look at a venue for Natalie and Peters wedding and Noah is getting so big.Nan is back in hospital cut her head open and took all yes all the skin of her knee but she's ok miss u darling enjoy the time u have left and don't get eaten love u loads mum dos and nug and of course ruby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDelete